Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Pieces coming together

Though I haven't interviewed for a position yet, it looks like getting into residency at this hospital shouldn't be a problem. I'm pretty excited about it: the house staff are great, the attendings enjoy teaching, and I have friends who live in the area. Not to mention it's one of the best hospitals in the country for internal medicine. Since I went to college around here, I have a church lined up, and the music director asked me to play flute with them on Sunday mornings should I end up down here.

I think I might actually pull off honors in this rotation though. My interns really like me, and my resident said (behind my back even) that I was functioning at the intern level despite being a third year. Pretty flattering. Now I just have to make sure all my scheduling is lined up for next year, and get ready to enjoy what's supposed to be the best year of medical school.

No comments: