Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Divertimento

This may be silly, but I'm probably due for another non-medical, more lighthearted post, given the tenor of the past few. I'd like to add before I start that Sufjan Stevens is amazing. I just got Seven Swans and Illinois. Both excellent albums.

On top of that, I'll say that I'm surprised at some of the results here. The Chemical Brothers being my top played song, for instance. But I think that's due to the fact that I've set them as my alarm. If nothing else will, a drum set and angry dance beat coming loudly from the next room will awaken a tired medical student at 5 AM. Even if it takes two tracks. Wow, the neighbors must love me.

The iTunes Game

How many songs: 8560

Sort by song title...
First song: ...which was the son of... - Arvo Pärt
Last song: Zulu War Chant - Afrika Bambaataa

Sort by time...
Shortest Song: Flip Sting (SFX) Kill Bill (Volume One)
Longest Song: Dies irae Verdi: Requiem Robert Shaw Festival Singers

Sort by album...
First Song:El Canelo - Los Lobos - (Just another band from East L.A.)
Last Song:Satellite - Collective Soul - Youth

Top 5 Most Played Songs...
Voodoo People Remix - The Chemical Brothers
Let Forever Be - The Chemical Brothers
Girl Inform Me - The Shins
Stars All Seem To Weep - Beth Orton
Seven Story Mountain - Railroad Earth

First 5 songs that come up on Shuffle...
For a Man to Be Alone - Don Francisco
Say Yes - Elliott Smith - Live at The Black Cat
Little Orphan Girl - Doc Watson - The Essential Doc Watson
Good Times Gonna Come - Aqualung - Strange and Beautiful
No More - Elliott Smith - Either/Or Demos

Search...
1. "Sex"--How many songs come up: 1
2. "Death"--How many songs come up: 81
3. "Love"--How many songs come up: 189
4. "You"--How many songs come up: 474
5. "love" and "you" --How many songs come up: 41

No comments: