Thursday, February 09, 2006

Great news

When I fall, I will arise;
When I sit in darkness,
The L-RD will be a light to me....

It certainly looks like I'll be writing that chapter for my attending. It might actually end up as a review article though, and we'll be trying to get it published. As I said before, it will take about a year of work, probably mostly on weekends, and will take 150-200 references, which means I have a huge task in front of me. Budgeting an average of 10 pages per reference (not unusual, and perhaps an underestimate, since books will be involved too) that means I've got to read enough pages to fill Harrison's Principles of Internal Medcine, only solely on this topic, and then write a 20-40 page paper on it. However, I'm up for the challenge, and if G-d grants this opportunity, I'm going to make the most of it.

I'm no longer tempted to jump up and down (because I realize the size of this task), but my heart certainly is.

No comments: